Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring is Sprung

I'm finally feeling spring and it's not just that my allergies have once again made a mess of my respiratory system and I'm treating another round of bronchitis...really, it's not.  I know I'm feeling spring because I want to make fun, warmer weather things with yarn.  I'm still leaning heavily towards knitting.  I look at it as a season, the crochet season will return again in time.  So today I'm feeling a little springy and and a bit flighty so here are my random thoughts on Spring and knitting. . .
  1. I haven't knit a real pair of socks since I finished the Christmas rush and I'm itching to get back to them.  I got a small fix of them (pun intended) making two pairs for a friend's baby out of Christmas leftovers.  They were adorable and I'll try to get a picture of her in them soon.  For now, all you get is the picture from the pattern. I've also recently made her pink leg warmers (my own design, aka just winging it)...coming from a "dance family" there were a must!  I feel very honored they were used in her first portrait along with the tu-tu from Auntie I'm told.
  2. I'm currently working on a pair of short-shorts for Sydney to wear for dance class out of a pale blue I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.  Only a couple rows of ribbing for the waist and those will be done
  3. I want to make a hat for a dear friend who's having surgery next week, just to cheer her up.  I've knit many winter hats lately but this should be fun for spring...need to find the right pattern and yarn soon.
  4. New babies now, new babies later - how does one get to make all the projects queued up when something (or some ONE) new always comes along? New baby socks (same pattern as above but these are the actual socks), forgot a picture of the matching hat but it was adorable too.
  5. I'm in love with sock yarn, corriedale sheep (well really just their fiber/yarn, don't know any of the sheep personally), double knitting and the prospect of making Folk Mittens.
  6. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friend Jim this Friday and watching him shear his Alpaca herd...company of Luann and Sydney are part of the bonus package!
God bless your stitches,
nance

No comments: