Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summerwear

Surfer Girl Cami PatternI can't believe I'm saying this but last week I found myself with nothing interesting to make!  I always seem to have so many ideas and not enough time but for some reason I couldn't think of a single one of them.  So looking thru my yarn for inspiration, I found a really pretty orange sherbet colored cotton and Sydney wanted a cami for summer. I searched for HOURS to find a plain, simple cami or tank pattern and came up with nothing!  This was close and Sydney liked it but it only goes up to a size 8, I need at least a 10/12.   

I thought of just making a tube in stockinette then adding some straps. One final search on my blackberry while I was at her dance class gave me the Panda Silk DK Aria Tank/Camisole, very close to what I was looking for. Here's progress so far.

 And the really pretty contrasting yarn.

I'm anxious to start on my Christmas projects but need to do some background reading and research first.  Of course I can't post progress of those but I'm sure they'll get a mention now and then.

So I've taken two days off of work and then the holiday weekend. Five days off in a row - that almost NEVER happens!  I'm so looking forward to spending time with my sweetie and my yarn.

God Bless Your Stitches,
nance

No comments: