Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Official Start of Summer

I don't ever think of summer really starting until after the kids' dance recital.  This year it's a week earlier, THIS weekend as a matter of fact.  So what that means for me is extended time during rehearsals (finale and dress) as well as the shows.  Since Allen and I perform at the end while the kids are getting set up for the finale I'm there from before the beginning until the very end with very little commitment to the show.  After the first dress rehearsal we were at ran an unprecedented 6 1/2 hours, I now bring a project along.  Although I was knitting a little this time last year all the previous years have been crochet projects.  So In the next two days I need to figure out what to bring.  I'd like to bring something that doesn't require a lot of focus because there are distractions (kids, other moms who didn't bring anything to do who like to chat....etc) also nothing too complicated because the theater is usually dimly it if at all.  I'm thinking simple socks (maybe a chevron lace or another easy lacy pattern), or maybe something from the KnitPicks Anklets kitFancy Feet Anklets Kit
or finally committing to a pattern for my friends' baby blanket.  The next day and a half will give this a LOT of thought!  Of course there's always the set of fingertip towels I didn't get finished for the wedding last weekend...hmm, what to do? what to do?

God Bless Your Stitches,
nance

No comments: